Ways To Give
All donations are truly appreciated. We accept cheques, e-transfers and credit card donations. Cheques can be made out to Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc. and mailed to:
Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc. is now a registered charity. Charitable tax receipts are issued for all donations over $20. Charitable Registration No. 816010433 RR0002.
Legacy Giving / Leave a Gift in Your Will
Everyone has a story to tell and a legacy to leave. What, when, and how we give makes a big difference—both to Heartland Hospice and to the loved ones we offer care for. Every gift helps to create a community where no one has to die or grieve alone.
Planned Giving options provide for income tax alleviation or potential savings now and in the future. We invite you to explore your options below: Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc. strongly recommends that you seek professional advice from your accountant and/or financial advisor to determine the method of giving that will be most tax‐effective for you.
What Is a Planned Gift?
A planned gift is any major gift made in a donor’s lifetime or at death as part of their overall financial and/or estate planning. There are many ways to support Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc. through Planned Giving Options:
- A GIFT IN YOUR WILL A properly drawn up-to-date Will is your best assurance that your estate will be handled according to your wishes. It is recommended that you review your Will periodically so it will reflect any changes in your circumstances or wishes. If you are considering leaving a gift in your Will to HHMJ an official tax receipt for the full amount of the gift will be provided to help reduce the tax payable on the final income tax return. If you are making provisions to include HHMJ in your Will, we would ask that you obtain advice from your lawyer before making your Will and ensure if you have the right information in your Will.
- RRSP’s & RRIF’s An RRSP or RRIF is an effective way to make a gift to HHMJ. Your gift can be made without having to go through your estate. HHMJ can be designated as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF. Your gift is eligible for an official tax receipt that can be used to offset taxes incurred on these registered funds which is an advantage to you. If you would like to provide a gift through your RRSP or RRIF your financial advisor can contact HHMJ to ensure they have the correct information.
- LIFE INSURANCE A gift of life insurance is a simple way to make a substantial gift. Choose the type of policy that suits your needs and name HHMJ as the sole beneficiary or owner. There are many ways to consider how your gift can be created through a life insurance policy below.
- You may purchase a new life insurance policy and name HHMJ as the owner and beneficiary. The annual or monthly premiums you pay is considered a donation and is eligible for an official tax receipt.
- You may keep ownership of your life insurance policy and name HHMJ as the beneficiary.
- You may donate an existing policy that you no longer need.
If you plan to create a life insurance policy, please contact us to ensure your advisor has the right information in your policy.
- GIFT OF SECURITIES Making a gift of securities is an easy process to give a gift now or as your legacy. The 2006 tax law changes allows Canadians who wish to donate appreciated securities (including stocks, bonds and mutual funds) directly to a registered charity eliminate capital gains tax on the investment. By doing so, donors can make a significant contribution to help support the Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc.
- Making a DONATION OF STOCKS is an easy process. A donation of stocks through your Will also has tax savings implications for your estate.
Please contact Kim Robinson, Treasurer, at 306.313.8495 if you are interested in leaving a Legacy Gift.
Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc.
Charitable Registration No. 816010433 RR0002
Our Future Goals
Heartland Hospice Moose Jaw Inc. has appreciated the support and collaborative partnership from the Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) and the Ministry of Health (MOH) on initiatives to date that have supported the delivery of patient and family-centered care within palliative hospice care. Today, as the board looks towards the future, we believe a patient’s End of Life Journey can be elevated and enhanced by the following:
- Create THREE (3)-Hospice Palliative Bedrooms and ONE (1)-Family Room complete with Library Resources/Playpen/Activities for children
- Transform the current Access Center space (8 offices) into a DEDICATED Hospice space
- Increase the total number of bed allotments at Pioneer Lodge by TWO (2) for dedicated Hospice space; which is in addition to the existing ONE (1) hospice bedroom
- Create a family access door into hospice space through the South door of the Access Center
- Transform CURRENT hospice bedroom into a Sacred Space for entire facility to access
- Continued Development of the Serenity Garden
- Ensure that all medical staff for Heartland Hospice rooms are trained in LEAP Training (Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care)
“Thank you for your donation! Your kindness is appreciated!”